Who are You?
When you have walked a long way out from some very difficult situations in your life, and feel like you still have so far to goit is ok to look back for a bit.
If you take a moment to reflect on how far you have come, and the obstacles that you have surpassed you will realize that you are stronger, more capable, and more resilient than you think.
Character is not something that happens over night. It is not an exam that you can study for it takes time and effort to develop.
Good character is doing the right thingdespite everything else in your life that seems wrong.
So take a moment to look back at all that you have accomplished, and then realize that the mountain ahead is really just one step after anotherand you will get to the top and where ever else you want to go.
What are You Becoming?
Watch your thoughts...
because they become your words.
Watch your words...
because they become your actions.
Watch your actions...
because they determine your friends.
Watch your friends...
because they determine your character.
Watch your character...
because it determines your destiny!
The choices that you make in life...
will show your friends, family & the world,
what kind of a person you are becoming.
Success is realizing what an amazing person you are, and then acting like you know this to be true!
Character that lasts a Lifetime
The stability of our lives depends on character. It is character not passion, that keeps marriages together long enough to do the work of raising children into mature, responsible, productive citizens. In this imperfect world, it is character that enables people to survive, to endure, and to transcend misfortunes." Psychiatrist Frank Pittman
Definition of Character... Michele Borba in Building Moral Intelligence
Character is defined in terms of seven core values: empathy, conscience, self-control, respect, kindness, tolerance, and fairness.
Virtues such as these are objectively good human qualities, necessary for all human beings everywhere.
You reap what you sow...
Sow a thought and you reap an act.
Sow an act and you reap a habit.
Sow a habit and you reap a character.
Sow a character and you reap a destiny.
Words of Wisdom
1. No one can ruin your day without YOUR permission.
2. Most people will be about as happy, as they decide to be.
3. Others can stop you temporarily, but only you can do it permanently.
4. Success stops when you do.
5. When your ship comes in - make sure you are willing to unload it.
6. You will never "have it all together."
7. Life is a journey - not a destination. Enjoy the trip!
8. The biggest lie on the planet: "When I get what I want I will be happy."
9. The best way to escape your problem is to solve it.
10. I've learned that ultimately, 'takers' lose and 'givers' win.
11. Life's precious moments don't have value, unless they are shared.
12. If you don't start, it's certain you won't arrive.
13. We often fear the thing we want the most.
14. He or she who laughs - lasts.
15. Yesterday was the deadline for all complaints.
16. Look for opportunities - not guarantees.
17. Life is what's coming - not what was.
18. Success is getting up one more time.
19. Now is the most interesting time of all.
20. When things go wrong - don't go with them.
© Copyright 2010, Creative Resource